Universities, Institutes, and Think Tanks
A list of universities that have hosted these seminars, or where I have advised faculty members who are working on core scholarly publishing for tenure and promotion.
WORLDWIDE (asterisk=nonprofit mission)
- The Carter G. Woodson Institute for African-American and African Studies at the University of Virginia. Summer seminar for the incoming fellows. The Woodson Institute also pays for individual scholars to attend my seminars at UVA.
- Rockefeller Foundation: Bellagio Center, Lake Como, Italy. "Diversity and Inclusion in Diplomacy, Conflict Resolution and Development," guided scholar-experts to write chapters for an edited volume.
- Library of Congress, the John W. Kluge Center. Work with individual faculty scholars in residence at the Kluge Center, including some of its leaders.
- Science, Technology and International Affairs (STIA) in the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University. Many of my written publishing testimonials (available on request) come from these faculty members.
- Pontifical Biblical Institute, Israel: Guided a Jesuit scholar in Jerusalem to write a book proposal for American editors.
- The Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. Led a handpicked team of Georgetown faculty members during a capacity-building seminar in Amman, Jordan for Arabic-speaking journalists from Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Turkey, and the MENA region.
- The Woodrow Wilson Center. Work regularly with individuals and groups of scholars in residence.
- The RAND Corporation. Advise researchers on public intellectual identity and RAND books for a wider audience. Work with a group of women whose careers focus on global security.
- The U.S. Institute of Peace. One-on-one advising for individual scholars.
Other University Engagement
- Princeton University. Guest author for a faculty scholarly publishing newsletter. With Sage, invited to blurb the cover of the second edition of the bestselling Writing Your Journal Article in 12 Weeks.
- Oregon State University. Interviewed for the podcast "Research in Action" on the subject of publishing in peer-reviewed journals. ttp://ecampus.oregonstate.edu/research/podcast/